- Business should be owned/founded by individuals/groups aged 18 – 35 years.
- Business should be two years and above in operation (registered name and its legal status, sole proprietor, partnership and company, etc).
- Business should have a defined model (beyond idea stage).
- Business should be within the agricultural value chain/food chain
- The competition is open to nationals who own businesses and start-ups from East African Community Members States and Ethiopia, Madagascar, Seychelles and Mauritius.
- Submission must be written in English
- Entry should be submitted as per the template provided
- Deadline: October 30, 2015
- The business model should promote aggregation of small holder farmers and demonstrate agribusiness value chain awareness.
- The business model should be innovative and provide solutions that will reduce post-harvest losses through better crop handling solutions, cold storage models, transportation and logistics.
- The business model should promote the provision of high quality inputs and support the promotion of intra-regional trade.
- The business model should show market-driven applications of existing regional agricultural standards.
Young Innovators in Agribusiness Competition is designed for East African youth owned Start-Ups and SMEs to generate creative idea and activities that can attract potential investors and stakeholders through competition. The competition also offers East Africans and Ethiopia, Mauritius, Seychelles and Madagascar youth owned start-ups and SMEs an opportunity to participate in the region’s agricultural value chains to exhibit their work in a regional Trade Fair and win over USD 20,000 cash awards in May 2016.
The future of Africa belongs to the youth. With over 65% of the continent’s youth aged below 35 years, this vibrant constituency has the potential to address challenges of unemployment through wealth creation. This competition is jointly organised by Syngenta, Inter Region Economic Network(IREN), Toyota Kenya Academy (TKA) and The USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub.
To participate in the competition, kindly submit your entry HERE