- The competition is open to individuals from any part of the world.
- Applicants, or the founder on whose behalf the applicant is applying, must be 18-35 years old at the time of entry.
- Entrants are required to be the initiative’s founder, co-founder, or equivalent.
- Initiatives must have grown beyond the conceptual stage—with the product, process, or enterprise already gaining traction among local communities or other markets.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees.
- Applications must be submitted in English. (The online programme, accelerator event and the pitch will all be delivered in English, and proficiency in written and oral English is required.)
- Solutions must relate to one or more of the UN Global Goals (Sustainable Development Goals) listed below:
- Global Goal 1 – No Poverty: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Global Goal 2 – Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- Global Goal 5 – Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Global Goal 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation: Ensure availability and suitable management of water and sanitation for all
- Global Goal 7 – Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
- Global Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all
- Global Goal 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensure responsible consumption and production patterns
- Global Goal 13 — Climate Action: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Six finalists will each receive cash prizes of €10,000, along with support and mentorship (worth €10,000). One winner will receive a €50,000 cash prize and will be awarded the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize at an event in London in Spring 2016 and €25,000 worth of support and mentoring. All entrants will benefit from exposure to a range of leading sustainability experts, entrepreneurs and investors during the process, along with recognition via Unilever’s global channels and the networks of the University of Cambridge and Ashoka. Applications must be submitted online through the Ashoka Changemakers website between 23 September and 18 November 2015.
- Click “Enter” in the menu and follow the instructions.
- For advice about how to create a stronger entry, read these tips.
- You must enter by Midnight GMT on 18 November 2015. No entries will be accepted after this point.