The following easy recipes and guide will teach you how to make a delicious and luscious Carrot cake that can turn any occasion into a special one.
· 2 eggs
· ¼ cup sugar (or molasses sugar)
· Scant 1 cup vegetable oil (or sunflower oil)
· Generous 1 1/3 cups coarsely grated carrots
· 2 cups whole-wheat flour
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· Whole nutmeg, grated (about 1 tsp)
· 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
· ½ cup half-fat cream cheese
· 4 tbsp butter, softened
· ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
· 1 tsp grated lemon rind
· 1 tsp grated orange rind
1. Preheat the oven to 375oF/190oC. Grease a 9-inch/23-cm square cake pan with a little butter and line with baking parchment. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until well blended and add the sugar and oil. Mix well. Add the grated carrot.
2. Sift in the flour, baking soda, and spices, then add the walnuts. Mix everything together until well incorporated.
3. Spread the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake in the center of the preheated oven for 40 – 50 minutes until the cake is nicely risen, firm to the touch and has begun to shrink away slightly from the edge of the pan.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan until just warm, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
5. To make the topping, put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat together for 2-3 minutes until really smooth.
6. When the cake is completely cold, spread with the topping, smooth over with a fork, and leave to firm up a little before cutting into 16 portions.
7. Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week.
Drop Your Comment!!!