Hello Avid Reader,
It is glaring so far that many people are yet to get a perfect glimpse of what Greenhouse farming is all about. Some even say greenhouse is just ordinary net house. There is now a mixed up among Greenhouse, Net house and Polytunnel.
Well… I understand that greenhouse is an emerging technology in Nigeria and other Tropical regions.
Facts You Should Know About Greenhouse Farming
1. Greenhouse is a protected structure designed to grow high valued vegetables and crops such as Tomatoes, Capsicum, Cucumber, Leafy Vegetables, Seedlings, etc.
2. Greenhouse farming has levels ranging from High tech, Medium Cost to Low Cost
3. Yield from greenhouse farming is 2-10 times higher than open field
4. Greenhouse design and Management Model are critical for success
5. Greenhouse is a sure guarantee for off season production
6. Greenhouse produces have longer shelf life and better quality
7. Greenhouse crops are not affected by adverse weather conditions and there is low/no incidence of pests and diseases. You have better control of greenhouse environment.
8. Greenhouse farming maximizes small inputs (such as Land/Space, Water, Nutrients, etc) to give larger output and resource use efficiency is assured
9. Greenhouse farming can be started on marginal lands or using soil-less media (Hydroponics)
10. You can go organic with greenhouse farming
11. Greenhouse produces are for target market like Urban, Peri-urban, Export, Supermarkets, Veggies Stores etc. and the demand is huge
12. Less than 5% of the farming population are into greenhouse farming
BUY GREENHOUSE FARMING BOOK NOW
13. It is a worthwhile investment for Entrepreneurs, Graduates, Professionals, Retirees and Investors
14. Greenhouse Payback period is 1.5 – 2.0 years
15. You need knowledge and skill for successful greenhouse farming
Contact Kaspharyn Solutions Nigeria for your galvanized pipe greenhouse and/or wood greenhouse. We design, fabricate, build & construct greenhouse locally with high quality materials..