Hello Avid Reader,
It is glaring so far that many people are yet to get a perfect glimpse of what Greenhouse farming is all about. Some even say greenhouse is just ordinary net house. There is now a mixed up among Greenhouse, Net house and Polytunnel.
Well… I understand that greenhouse is an emerging technology in Nigeria and other Tropical regions.
Facts You Should Know About Greenhouse Farming
1. Greenhouse is a protected structure designed to grow high valued vegetables and crops such as Tomatoes, Capsicum, Cucumber, Leafy Vegetables, Seedlings, etc.
2. Greenhouse farming has levels ranging from High tech, Medium Cost to Low Cost
3. Yield from greenhouse farming is 2-10 times higher than open field
4. Greenhouse design and Management Model are critical for success
5. Greenhouse is a sure guarantee for off season production
6. Greenhouse produces have longer shelf life and better quality
7. Greenhouse crops are not affected by adverse weather conditions and there is low/no incidence of pests and diseases. You have better control of greenhouse environment.
8. Greenhouse farming maximizes small inputs (such as Land/Space, Water, Nutrients, etc) to give larger output and resource use efficiency is assured
9. Greenhouse farming can be started on marginal lands or using soil-less media (Hydroponics)
10. You can go organic with greenhouse farming
11. Greenhouse produces are for target market like Urban, Peri-urban, Export, Supermarkets, Veggies Stores etc. and the demand is huge
12. Less than 5% of the farming population are into greenhouse farming
BUY GREENHOUSE FARMING BOOK NOW
13. It is a worthwhile investment for Entrepreneurs, Graduates, Professionals, Retirees and Investors
14. Greenhouse Payback period is 1.5 – 2.0 years
15. You need knowledge and skill for successful greenhouse farming
Contact Kaspharyn Solutions Nigeria for your galvanized pipe greenhouse and/or wood greenhouse. We design, fabricate, build & construct greenhouse locally with high quality materials..
26 thoughts on “FACTS ABOUT GREENHOUSE FARMING IN THE TROPICS”
After reading your greenhouse article, I want express my interest to going into greenhouse farming. I will be glad to know the cost implication for the low/medium type of greenhouse to begin with. My farm is located in Delta State. Thanks as I await your response asap.
Many thanks for going through our post and comment. To receive a quote, kindly leave your email address.
CC: [email protected]
[email protected] Please send me quote. Thanks
Where do you intend to install the greenhouse?
Will like to know the cost of your greenhouse and also the cost for training. Thanks
Contact Kaspharyn Solutions, Nigeria @ +2347066515451
I like to appreciate that you are into this, seen it’s benefits and don’t mind that share.
I have just a little space of about 3 acres in Pipe Line area of Magboro.
I’d like to know if it is not too small to do something meaningful and profitable and how.
3 acres is not small. You can do both greenhouse and open field vegetable in this dry season provided there is good and adequate water supply.
Is it possible to post some testimonies of your Clients? .Thank you.
For more info: Call or whatsapp: +2347066515451
Please send me quote for an acre (Kre8iveneed @gmail.com)
Your requirement need to be well analysed. Call or Whatsapp: +2347066515451
Kindly send me a quote for a greenhouse. I intend to situate in Kuje Abuja. my email address is [email protected]. I will also will like to discuss with you further.
As a persin wt farm interest ,its a good piece fr the beginner s class..got 3 acre,pks send me a [email protected]. tnx
Can I get training on vegetable farming on greenhouse e.g. Tomato ,peper etc
Contact Kaspharyn Solutions
whatsapp or call: +2347066515451
I am interested in having a green house in Jos.The farm area is 2 acres.Please send me a quotation to: [email protected]
Pls help me understand these,I use to think greenhouse farming is on for small crops like pepper,tomatoes,carrot etc.
I have a small piece of land of say 3plots and am thinking of using it for agriculture. What’s the cost to start on a small scale with a greenhouse
Hi, I’m interested in Greenhouse farming. Please send a quote for a 100 x 50 meter size steel greenhouse. I have an acre of farmland at Ado-Odo / Otta local govt. area of Ogun state.
Can you please advise a quote on a greenhouse farm of 5 acres of land in the Iseyin, Oyo state area
Please, can you send a quote for greenhouse on 1 hectare. Thanks
Can I get a quotation for a plot of land to be covered with just small space left for packaging.
Can I have in my email please so I can work towards it if I don’t have enough funds. Then how long with it take your team to put it all in place .
You should be a part of a contest for one of the greatest
blogs on the net. I am going to highly recommend this web site!