Cowrie Partners is a firm of commercial lawyers focused on finance and investments. Cowrie Partners is delighted to present its inaugural Nigeria Agriculture Investment Conference, tagged “Transforming Nigeria into a global food powerhouse” which will hold on September 25, 2014 in Lagos to focus on sustainable sources of Agriculture funding and how to address the attendant risks. This conference shall be held annually to create the forum to address topical issues pertaining to investment in Nigeria Agriculture.
Conference Objectives & Benefits
This Conference has the following objectives:
1. Educate key investors and financiers about the prospects and the opportunities open to private sector players in the Nigerian Agriculture sector.
2. Showcase in practical terms how investors can navigate the regulatory environment and structure their investments whilst addressing the attendant risks.
3. Bring together the public and private sectors to generate ideas that will provide useful inputs to the necessary review of relevant laws, regulations and policies to bring them in line with international best practise leading to the creation of the environment that attracts fresh investments and sustains agriculture development.
The conference will be a one day intensive event featuring Keynote speeches and Special Presentations. Almost 2 hours is reserved for audience questions and intervention so as to obtain quality contributions from stakeholders.
Opening/Keynote Speeches: The Hon. Ministers of Agriculture, Water and Trade and key members of the National Assembly are billed to deliver Keynote Addresses to set the tone for the Conference.
Special Presentations: In-depth special presentations on topical issues will be delivered by select local and international industry experts and leaders.
Rapporteurs: The proceedings and recommendations arising from this conference will be produced by Accenture and Cowrie Partners and delivered to the relevant authorities and interested conference delegates.
- The case for investing in Nigerian agriculture- Why agriculture is an attractive investment opportunity right now in Nigeria.
- Helping small agriculture producers grow into larger enterprises.
- An expert guide to the Nigerian environment for international investors (legal and regulatory).
- Risk Management and Hedging Strategies-Identify key risks including climatic, social and political, economic and commercial.
- How to achieve self sufficiency in livestock and fish production.
- Linking insurance to agriculture-finance: bringing insurance products to address production and revenue risks.
- How best to structure an investment in Nigerian agriculture.
We expect that as much as 200 delegates will attend this event from within and outside of Nigeria. These will be made up of the organized private sector, Companies in the Agriculture and allied industries, Nigeria’s international development partners, Nigerian Banks and international financiers, Private Equity Fund Managers, Commercial Lawyers, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds and Multilateral Financial Institutions, Embassies and Academics.
This event will also provide a forum for international and local investors to meet one-on-one with major players in agri-business and key government officials thus establishing the necessary rapport that leads to the making of beneficial investments.
Why You Must Attend
- You will get an update on the prospects and the opportunities open to private sector players in the Nigerian Agriculture sector.
- You will meet with high level government officials, international investors and regulators and through direct interaction with them you will gain a better understanding of the Nigerian Infrastructure space.
For more information on how to attend, Click HERE