Innovation and Growth (BIG) platform provides easy-to-use and interactive web-based portal for projects, businesses, firms or organisations duly registered to access GEM funds. BIG portal platform was launched 9th, February, 2016. BIG portal also allow participants to access online materials and undergo online training courses; register for in-class training courses (such as financial management, business plan development, human resource management, etc.); apply for the consulting services and ultimately apply for grants. Growth and Employment Project GEM, however is a project set up through 160 million US Dollars financing received from the World Bank by the Federal Government of Nigeria to: improve investment climate; increase competitiveness of strategic clusters; sustainably increase number of jobs and provide economic diversification. The project became effective in July 2013, and will close in September 2018. GEM project focuses on manufacturing and service sectors, specifically supporting Information Communication Technology, entertainment, tourism and hospitality, light manufacturing (and agro-processing industries) and construction.
How to Access BIG
- Log into BIG Portal
- Check your Eligibility (Ensure that your business satisfy all the BIG eligibility)
- Apply online and receive an automatic response (The response will be an email. This email will provide you with a username and password for you to sign-up and register your business)
- Answer Web-based Questionnaire (Your application will be evaluated by the project team. All successfully registered businesses will be invited to attend an induction workshop within your location)
- Attend Induction Workshop (The BIG team will: Provide an overview of the programme; Conduct verification of Identity; Undertake needs assessment of businesses; Provide an overview of the BIG Services
- Finally Access BIG Services (Successful applicants will have access to a wide range of BIG Services including; Consulting, Training and Grants)
- Citizenship: You must be a Citizen of Nigeria and at least 18 years old as at time of application (proof of identity will be required: International Passport/ Driver’s License/ National ID card/ Voter’s card).
- Business Location: You must be operating within the national borders of NigeriaYou must choose one geo-political zone that is strategic to your business, where you will be receiving BIG Business Services.
- Business Operation: You must be operating in any of the following sectors; Information Communication Technology, Light Manufacturing (Agri-Business and Industrial Processing), Hospitality and Tourism, Construction and Real Estate or activities related to one of these Sectors.
- Business Regulations: Your business must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or business activities in contradiction with the Nigerian Constitution.
- You must have less than 100 full-time employees.
Apply now if you are eligible!!!
Leave comment or inquiry below!!!