CTA hereby invites applications from independent agricultural experts who will support CTA’s main areas of work which include;
- Development of inclusive agricultural value chains
- Advancing enabling policies and legal frameworks
- Knowledge management, information and communication, including promotion of ICTs for agriculture
- The strategic plan has identified the following intervention areas / priority themes, namely:
- Supporting climate-smart agriculture
- Agribusiness development
- Making agriculture nutrition-sensitive
- Leveraging the data revolution for agriculture, and
- Women and youth in agriculture.
- Communications and knowledge management
- Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessments in the ACP region.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union. Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. CTA provides access to information and knowledge, facilitates policy dialogue and strengthens the capacity of agricultural and rural development communities.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent in the relevant intervention area(s) for which the application is being made
- (In-depth) knowledge of the agricultural sector and working environment in ACP countries
- The ability to communicate and write clearly and concisely in English/French is essential
- N.B. The years of (working) experience in the relevant intervention area(s) will determine the daily fee rate paid in accordance with CTA’s guidelines
Download Background Information and Instructions
Download Experts Roles and Tasks