Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is an intergovernmental organisation saddled with the responsibilities of eliminating hunger, food insecurity and rural poverty via its various strategic programmes in the United Nations.
FAO hereby requires the service of a competent copy editor under the programme christened International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC). IPPC was designed to prevent the spread and introduction of pests of plants and plant products and to promote safe trade.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Edit and revise draft and adopted International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs), including diagnostic protocols and phytosanitary treatments.
- Edit and revise draft and approved specifications for ISPMs.
- Edit and revise selected IPPC reports.
- Assist in the final formatting of adopted ISPMs, approved specifications and selected IPPC reports.
- Update the IPPC style guide as appropriate.
- Assist Secretariat staff to correctly apply the IPPC style guide for the processing of IPPC documents, by being available (virtually) to answer queries.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of University degree in biology, entomology, agriculture or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as copy-editor
- Knowledge of phytosanitary terminology
- Fluency in English
- Expert knowledge of MS Word
- Results Focus, Teamwork, Communication, Building Effective Relationships and Knowledge sharing.
Selected candidate will be employed on a personal services agreement for editorial services for an initial duration of 6 months, and with the option to be extended. The type of contract does not foresee any health insurance, pension or other entitlements. Contract may be extended subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
- Log on to iRecruitment system and register
- Create a complete profile by supplying Personal Information, Qualifications & Skills and Additional Information
- Click on job button and apply for Call for Expression of Interest
Vacancy No: IRC3588